The VECTOR is UAV Navigation's most advanced autopilot. Housed in a rugged, MIL SPEC aluminium casing, its key features are:
- AHRS-INS core based on the POLAR unit
- Dual 850MIPS CPUs (each with 256MB program flash)
- Extensive I/O capabilities
- Real Time Operating System (RTOS)
VECTOR is a robust and dependable unit, with built-in physical and logical redundancy; this allows it to survive all individual sensor failures while maintaining accurate estimates of attitude and position. For this reason VECTOR has rapidly become the autopilot of choice for high value RPAS and Optionally Piloted Vehicle (OPV) applications.
VECTOR features an RTOS. In simple terms, the key advantage of an RTOS is its predictability and the fact that non-critical functions are never allowed to slow down more important tasks, such as flight control. This leads to a safer, more reliable system.
VECTOR, the replacement for the AP04, can host UAV Navigation’s mission and flight control software or that of the customer, making it a superb avionics development platform. Its processor core is compatible with commercially available certified avionics operating systems.
A Software Development Kit (SDK) version is available for developers wanting to write their own code.
Like all UAV Navigation autopilots, VECTOR is capable of controlling fixed wing, helicopter and target drone platforms over a wide range of flight control tasks:
- Auto take-off
- Auto flight plan execution (waypoints)
- Auto Return-To-Base (RTB) in case of communications failure
- Auto landing
- Directed & Pitch/Roll modes.
- Manual override
- Gimbal/Camera control modes: air, ground, geo, pilot view, stow & rate.
- 3D Digital Elevation Model (DEM) for accurate flight control and camera pointing
- Multiple datalink management.
VECTOR can control a wide variety of advanced payloads:
See also the following articles from the Knowledge Base:
VECTOR Breakout Board
The VECTOR Breakout Board is a quick and easy way to connect the VECTOR to a PC in order to access all the connection capabilities of the VECTOR.
The VECTOR Breakout Board exposes to the outside world all of the inputs/outputs featured in the VECTOR as follows:
- 2 x RS422 ports (COM2 y COM3)
- 3 x RS232 ports (COM_DBG, COM0 and COM1)
- 1 x RS232 POLAR payload port (COM_POLAR)
- 1 x Ethernet port
- 2 x CAN ports (CAN0 and CAN1)
- 24 x General Purpose I/O lines (OWIO_0 to OWIO23)
- 8 x ADC inputs (0 to 3.3 V).
- 1 x FPGA programming port (J4)
- 1 x JLINK programing port (JLINK)
- 1 x power connector (9 to 36VDC)
See also the following article from the Knowledge Base:
VECTOR Installation Kit
The VECTOR Installation Kit (INSKIT) includes the ancilleries required to install and connect it to the UAV's onboard avionics:
- SMA Female to Female Bulkhead Connector.
- 37-Pin Connector Female (model: GLENAIR MWDM2L-37S-6E5-18).
- 25-Pin Connector Female (model: GLENAIR MWDM2L-25S-6E5-18).
Target Drone Peripheral Control Board
The Target In/Out 02 (TGTIO02) is a peripheral control board for target drones. It is an excellent solution for integrating all the peripheral functions of a target drone.
The Datalink 900MHz is compatible with all UAV Navigation autopilots and modems.