For Customers wishing to develop their own flight control software UAV Navigation offers the optional Software Development Kit (SDK) for use with the VECTOR autopilot (AP). It allows Customers to implement their own high-level flight control software. Customers may opt to contract training separately or remote support can be made available during development. The VECTOR SDK complements the standard AP documentation and software.
- The VECTOR SDK includes a program skeleton offering access to all hardware functions in a library with a documented API.
- SDK documentation.
Note: In order to compile software using the VECTOR SDK, Customers will require the IAR Systems Embedded Workbench compiler (not supplied).
- Create your own Flight Control Laws. With VECTOR SDK, it is possible to implement your own flight modes and special functions.
- Make use of the code templates provided to develop your own logic. Reduce the time dedicated to programming tasks by using examples and templates.
- Develop your own telemetry (TMTC/ICD) to communicate between the autopilot and the Ground Control Station.
- Work with the raw data provided by the internal ADAHRS and GNSS, or use our optimized state estimation for attitude stabilization, guidance and navigation. Make the most of our tested and optimized estimator to implement your own Flight Control Laws.
- Use the tested hardware (MIL-STD-810F, MIL-STD 461F and ISO 9001:2008) for your own purposes. Take advantage of the hardware features of the VECTOR to develop your project and adapt it to your requirements.
- Make the most of the VECTOR connectivity. Work with the Application Programming Interfaces (API) provided in order to make the most of the VECTOR connection capabilities, with no need to worry about analysing component datasheets. This allows you to concentrate on what's important: the creation of flight control rules
- Make the most of VECTOR's RTOS (Real Time Operating System). Execute different tasks with absolute precision and reliability.
- Option to contract training separately or remote support available during development.
VECTOR Breakout Board
The VECTOR Breakout Board is a quick and easy way to connect the VECTOR to a PC and access all the connection capabilities of the VECTOR.
The VECTOR Breakout Board exposes to the outside world all of the inputs/outputs featured in the VECTOR as follows:
- 2 x RS422 ports (COM2 y COM3)
- 3 x RS232 ports (COM_DBG, COM0 and COM1)
- 1 x RS232 POLAR payload port (COM_POLAR)
- 1 x Ethernet port
- 2 x CAN ports (CAN0 and CAN1)
- 24 x General Purpose I/O lines (OWIO_0 to OWIO23)
- 8 x ADC inputs (0 to 3.3 V).
- 1 x FPGA programming port (J4)
- 1 x JLINK programing port (JLINK)
- 1 x power connector (9 to 36VDC)
See the following article from the Knowledge Base:
VECTOR Installation Kit
The VECTOR Installation Kit (INSKIT) includes the ancilleries required to install and connect it to the UAV's onboard avionics:
- SMA Male to Male Bulkhead Connector.
- GPS Antenna.
- SMA Male to Male 1.5ft (45cm) cable.
- 37-Pin Connector Female (model: GLENAIR MWDM2L-37S-6E5-18).
- 25-Pin Connector Female (model: GLENAIR MWDM2L-25S-6E5-18).
- VECTOR SDK