About - UAV Navigation
UAV Navigation is a privately-owned company that has specialized in the design of flight control solutions for Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) since 2004.
UAV Navigation’s flight control solutions are used by a variety of Tier 1 aerospace manufacturers in a wide range of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) - also known as Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (RPAS) or 'drones'. These include high-performance tactical unmanned planes, aerial targets, mini-UAVs and helicopters.
The Company's autopilots carry out advanced functions, such as controlling multiple target drones at 700 km/h, a fully automatic net landing of a drone onto a moving vessel at sea and converting a twin prop manned aircraft or turbine helicopter into a drone.
The cornerstone of the Company’s success is a comprehensive, in-house capability to develop Attitude & Heading Reference Systems (AHRS), flight control algorithms and to fuse the data provided by multiple sensors (GPS, airspeed, magnetometers, gyroscopes, accelerometers etc). The autopilots are characterized by their reliability and robustness, with over 60,000 flight hours in all kinds of weather and on all kinds of platform.
If you have a vehicle or platform (aerial, ground or water based) and you need to know its exact attitude, position and relative velocity, then UAV Navigation has the answer. A multinational team of experts with backgrounds as diverse as aerospace, microelectronics, aeronautical engineering and military defence technology brings control solutions to new markets.
Founded in 2004, UAV Navigation is an ISO 9001:2015-certified company with a worldwide distributor network. Investors include key company employees and Bullnet, a Spanish independent Venture Capital firm specialized in technology-oriented projects: http://www.bullnetcapital.com/
To provide the unmanned systems community with cutting-edge Flight Control Solutions.
- People First: We believe in the value of people. We are committed to long-term relationships with our Customers, suppliers and employees. We recruit, motivate and retain only the best and we will only work with those suppliers which meet the same high standards.
- Quality: We live Quality on a day to day basis; for us it is not just an audit once a year. We aim for excellence in all that we make or do: physical or software products, support services, sales, administration, logistics etc. We are qualified to ISO 9001:2015 and our work is focused on a philosophy of continuous improvement.
- Validated Products: Our products must be fully tested and validated by our qualified engineers before they are presented to Customers. We do not believe in the 'quick fix'. Our hard-won reputation is built upon the trust and reliability that only rigorously tested systems can provide.
- Clear Objectives: We know what we are good at and we stick to it. We don't pretend to be experts in subjects outside our area of expertise. We are not afraid to turn down a project if we believe that a Customer might be better served elsewhere. Since 2004 we have found that our Customers trust in our ability to provide the cutting-edge flight control solutions which professional UAV systems integrators demand.
- Mission Command: We believe in telling our engineers what to achieve, but not how to do it. We believe in creativity and innovation, within realistic guidelines. We place great trust in all our employees from day one and we shy away from micromanagement. We want our people to be invested in the projects they are involved in. The military call this 'mission command' and it is summed up well in the following quotation:
"If you tell people where to go, but not how to get there, you'll be amazed at the results." (General George S. Patton)
- Flexibility: Together with the trust that we place in all people in the Company, we offer great flexibility when it comes to organising working hours, projects and relationships with Customers. You will often find us working weekends, in all corners of the world on the projects that motivate us. Presenteeism is anathema to us.
- Enthusiasm and Commitment: We love what we do. We make the Customer's project our project.