'People Power: UAV Navigation is a technology company, but at our core we believe in the power of people and we commit to long-term relationships. For our employees, this means that from day one every person is an important part of the Team; we work hard to retain and motivate them, giving responsibility to produce results.'
Core Values, UAV Navigation
UAV Navigation is a dedicated team of aviation enthusiasts and innovators - always looking for ways to do things smarter and better. We love what we do, celebrating our successes and supporting each other through the challenges that the UAV industry provides.
UAV Navigation recruits only the best. If you think you have what it takes to work with us, then please apply for the position advertised below that suits your profile using the link provided.
UAV Navigation offers internships in the following areas:
- Aerospace engineering, particularly related to aircraft control theory, state estimation and flight control.
- Software engineering, programming and embedded systems.
- Hardware and electronic engineering, including design of embedded electronic systems.
Internships provide a great opportunity to gain real-world experience in the aeronautical field. Our interns work side by side with experienced professionals on real projects with tangible results.
UAV Navigation has accepted interns from a wide range of universities in the past. If you are interested in an internship please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please contact the appropriate department at your university; they will know how to initiate the process for your internship with UAV Navigation. Some examples include:
Centro de Orientación e Información de Empleo (COIE)
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
Oficina de Prácticas y Empleo
Universidad Pontificia de Comillas
Oficina de Prácticas
Escuela Politécnica Superior
Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
Unidad de Prácticas Externas
Universidad Rey Juan Carlos
Brief Description of Position
The HW Engr reports directly to the Head of HW and acts as deputy for a wide range of activities in the Department. This position requires an engineer who is motivated by working in a small, close-knit team on electronic product design tasks. The engineer must have some experience or training in electronic design. Knowledge in multilayer PCB design, basic programming, FPGA development, and design of simple mechanical components will be appreciated. A wide degree of creativity and lateral thinking is expected.
The HW Engr may be involved at any stage of a project, including the initial brief for a concept, the design and development stage, testing of prototypes and the final manufacture and implementation of a new product or system. The work is normally within a project team and so the ability to work well with engineers from other disciplines (flight control, software) is essential.
- Ability to lead on PCB development, design, layout and testing.
- Electronics measurement equipment & design assurance testing.
- Troubleshooting electronics to find root cause and solutions to problems.
- Evaluation of new hardware components.
- Analyze and improve instrumentation and manufacturing processes.
- Develop SW programs to assist production, develop prototypes or validate components.
- Plan, conceptualize and create mechanical designs for new products.
- University Studies, BSc/MSc in Industrial or Telecommunications engineering (or similar) with experience in electronics design.
- Some expertise in design and integration of electronics systems.
- Some experience using electronic design tools.
- Some experience handling laboratory instrumentation, electronic testing and error diagnosis
- Experience with FPGA design and development (Desirable).
- Experience using CAD software such as SolidWorks or similar (Desirable).
- Python analysis and simulation (Desirable).
- Embedded systems programming (Desirable).
- Spanish (essential).
- English (B2 level. Certification is not required).
- Ability to build prototypes in an agile way.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Good interpersonal skills, team member.
- Ability to prepare concise, technical reports in English.
- Required to travel (Limited).
- Teleworking (Partially).
- Involves Outdoor Work (Limited).