UAV Navigation attends AUVSI in Atlanta
UAV Navigation set up a stand at the prestigous AUVSI show in Atlanta, Georgia, over the period 4 to 7 May. The show has grown over recent years into one of a handful of 'must attend' events for companies in the UAV industry, and is an excellent opportunity to show off the latest cutting-edge technology, as well as lead generation and networking. For these reasons UAV Navigation took the opportunity to launch its latest military grade autopilot, the VECTOR, which is a high-end, precision autopilot with built-in redundancy, an FPGA and more I/O lines than any of its competitors.
As standard, the VECTOR features:
- Fully automatic take-off and landing, for both fixed wing (runway or catapult) and rotary wing platforms.
- Fully automatic flight plan following.
- Update flight plan on the fly.
- Integrated camera stabilization and control (i.e. operator points the camera, the autopilot ensures that the UAV follows an appropriate trajectory).
In addition, all UAV Navigation autopilots provide a number of important safety functions:
- Automatic return to base in case of communications failure.
- Flight plan verification (to ensure that there are no obstacles in the track between two waypoints).
- Full suite of configurable alarms (e.g. battery voltage, no-fly areas, engine RPM, mission time etc).
- Ability to deploy a parachute in case of an emergency or as part of a routine landing operation.
The full tech spec for the VECTOR is available on the website, where there is also information on related hardware and software to complete the system.
In addition to the VECTOR launch, UAV Navigation shared the stand with its new US partner, iSENSYS, which has extensive experience not only in the UAV sector, but also in the aerial and ground vehicle target industry. As UAV Navigation's footprint spreads across the globe, the Company's strategy has been to ensure that customers are supported locally by knowledgeable, trained and accessible representatives. US customers seeking information about UAV Navigation's products are encouraged to make enquiries via www.isensys.com.
UAV Navigation was able to meet many of its existing customers, including a variety of Tier1 integrators, as well as a whole range of potential clients, both from the USA and internationally. The Team came away with a great impression of the show and long list of contacts.
Thanks to all who stopped by the stand; we look forward to seeing you in New Orleans 2016 for the next show!