UAV Navigation is an industry leader known for designing cutting-edge inertial navigation systems and other navigation solutions for military and commercial Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs). Since 2004, UAV Navigation has sold over 2,000 systems and accumulated over 60,000 flight hours. One of its most innovative technologies is the POLAR-500, which is a compact AD-AHRS used for pointing and stabilization on Satcom on the Move (SOTM) terminals such as the Aviator UAV 200 or the HGA-600 antennas.
Designed to withstand the toughest conditions, POLAR-500 is a high-end MEMS-based Air Data Attitude Heading Reference System (AD-AHRS) and Inertial Navigation System (INS). Additionally, it contains a dual GNSS compass for more accurate heading estimation.
POLAR-500 AD-AHRS has been tested in a wide variety of dynamic environments, which confirms its ability to deliver outstanding results. It is absolutely immune to individual sensor failures while maintaining an accurate position and attitude estimation. Its performance in GNSS denied environments is outstanding (<30 m/min).
POLAR-500 provides real-time fused sensor data through an RS-232 serial line. This information is critical for other on-board functions such as status sensor telemetry, gimbal stabilization, etc.
Additionally, POLAR-500 is partly compliant with ARINC Characteristic 781, being able to operate as an Antenna Pointing and Stabilization system, with an integrated Air Data Inertial Reference Unit (ADIRU), meaning it can be used along with a satellite communication modem, providing azimuth and elevation angles through an ARINC 429 output to the antenna.
The POLAR-500 includes a POLAR-500 unit in alumnium box, 2xGNSS Antennas and connector.
- High accuracy in attitude estimation. Precise attitude determination is critical for the navigation and control of an aircraft. To achieve outstanding levels of attitude estimation precision, years of research and development of aerospace-grade sensor fusion estimation algorithms have been invested.
- POLAR-500 is partly compliant with ARINC Characteristic 781, being able to operate as an Antenna Pointing and Stabilization system.
- Azimuth and elevation angles provided through an ARINC 429 standard output.
- Highly immune to individual sensor failures while maintaining accurate position and attitude estimation.
- Compact and easy to integrate.
- Supplied as standard in an aircraft-grade anodized aluminum box.
- As a developer and manufacturer of professional-grade autopilots, UAV Navigation is committed to delivering superior services. We maintain the highest industry standards in terms of product performance, accuracy, and reliability. UAV Navigation's manufacturing facility is equipped with state-of-the-art calibration and measurement tools. Moreover, all products which leave the facility must pass exhaustive Quality Control checks. All equipment and tools used during manufacture, calibration and Acceptance Testing Protocol (ATP) comply with UAV Navigation's strict Quality Policy.
- Combines exceptional navigation and attitude performance device in highly dynamic conditions and GNSS-denied dead-reckoning navigation.
- Accurate heading estimation under both static and dynamic conditions (Dual GNSS Compass).
- Quaternion-based solution. Avoids the gimbal-lock problems commonly found in traditional systems.
- High data report rates from the sensors in order to reduce the latency. This is a critical requirement in advanced control systems.
- POLAR-500 is the perfect solution for SATCOM on the Move (SOTM) terminals.
|Up to 0.01 m|
|45.0 x 68.0 x 74.5|
|POLAR-500 Evaluation Kit|
UAV Navigation offers the POLAR-500 Evaluation Kit (EVKIT) to enable evaluation of the POLAR-500 product by Customers.
The EVKIT includes a POLAR-500 unit along with a POLAR-500 Break Out Board (BOB) to allows the user to access all the available POLAR-500 Inputs and Outputs.
POLAR-500 Evaluation Kit