The AP04 range of autopilots has been in service with numerous customers around the world since 2004. It has been successfully used in all types of aerial target and UAV platform. Two models are available as shown:
The major difference between the two models is that the AP04 includes a built-in 900 MHz datalink, whilst the AP04M does not (it is designed to be connected to the Customer's external datalink).
The AP04 is suitable for all types of platform, including fixed and rotary wing UAVs. Other than servos and batteries (also an external datalink in the case of the AP04M), the AP04 is the only onboard system required to control a UAV and its payload.
The AP04 is a complete autopilot, meaning that no other flight control computer or sensors are required for it to function as a flight control system. It includes the following main elements which are represented in the block diagram below:
- Aerospace grade, waterproof, anodized aluminium housing with IP67 MIL-STD connector.
- Twin redundant Flight Control CPUs.
- A complete set of sensors, including an Air Data System (ADS), precision GPS, 3-axis gyros, 3-axis magnetometers, 3-axis accelerometers. The sensor suite provides the heading, attitude and velocity information required by the Flight Control CPU in order to control the UAV in all flight modes and to execute the required flight plan.
- 900 MHz datalink (AP04 only).
The AP04 is designed for fully automatic operation of the UAV, including auto take-off, flight plan execution and fully auto landing. AP04 can also adapt the aircraft for each stage of flight, e.g. deploying flaps during landing, locking nose wheel steering and deploying a parachute after a controlled deceleration of the engine.
|AP04 Diagnostic Board|
The AP04 Diagnostic Board is a quick and easy way to connect the AP04 to a PC and access the main connection capabilities of the AP04. The AP04 is easily configurable by using this board.
|AP04 Installation Kit|
The AP04 Installation Kit (INSKIT) includes the ancilleries required to install and connect it to the UAV's onboard avionics:
- 1/4 Telemetry Radio antenna for UAV.
- SMA bulkhead connector.
- SMA to SMA coax cable.
- GPS antenna.
- Amphenol 26-Pin MIL-STD connector
- GPS antenna.
- Amphenol 26-Pin MIL-STD connector.
The Target In/Out 02 (TGTIO02) is a peripheral control board for target drones. It is an excellent solution for integrating all the peripheral functions of a target drone.