- High-end ADHRS-INS core.
- Dual 850MIPS CPUs (each with 256MB program flash).
- Extensive I/O capabilities .
- Real Time Operating System (RTOS).
VECTOR is a robust and dependable unit, with built-in physical and logical redundancy; this allows it to survive all individual sensor failures while maintaining accurate estimates of attitude and position. For this reason VECTOR has rapidly become the autopilot of choice for high value fixed wing, rotary wing and target UAVs.
VECTOR features an RTOS. In essence, the key advantage of an RTOS is its predictability and the fact that non-critical functions are never allowed to slow down more important tasks, such as flight control. This leads to a safer, more reliable system.
VECTOR can host UAV Navigation’s mission and flight control software or that of the customer, making it a superb avionics development platform. Its processor core is compatible with commercially available certified avionics operating systems.
A Software Development Kit (SDK) version is available for developers wanting to write their own code.
- Auto flight plan execution (waypoints).
- Gimbal/Camera control modes: air, ground, geo, pilot view, stow & rate.
- 3D Digital Elevation Model (DEM) for flight control and camera pointing.
- Multiple datalink management.
- Flight Modes:
|For Rotary Wing Platforms only. EMERGENCY mode may not be commanded directly by the operator and is the result of a failure in Magnetometer and/or GPS while being in any other operation mode.|
The VECTOR's standard In/Out (I/O) configuration is as follows:
- Serial Communications:
- 1 x RS-232 System Serial Port.
- 2 x RS-232 Payload Port.
- 2 x RS-422 / RS-485 Payload Port.
- 1 x RS-232 AHRS-INS COM.
- 1 x Ethernet Port.
- 2 x CAN BUS Port.
- 8 x Voltage Sensing Channels (0 to 3.3 V. ADC inputs).
- 24 x Configurable General Purpose I/O Lines (GPIO). Default configuration: 16 x PWM Channels, 4 x Discrete Outputs (0 to 3.3 V), 4 x Discrete Inputs (0 to 3.3 V).
VECTOR can control a wide variety of advanced payloads:
- Camera stabilization, pointing and control.
- Transponder integration.
- ECU integration.
- Radar/ Laser altimeter.
- Flare and parachute activation for target drones.
|VECTOR Break Out Board|
|VECTOR Installation Kit|
- GNSS Antenna (Tallysman 33-2410-00-5000).
- 37-Pin Connector Female (model: GLENAIR MWDM2L-37S-6E5-18).
- 25-Pin Connector Female (model: GLENAIR MWDM2L-25S-6E5-18).
- Create your own Flight Control Laws. With VECTOR SDK, it is possible to implement your own flight modes and special functions.
- Work with the raw data provided by the in-house ADAHRS and GNSS, or use our optimized state estimation for attitude stabilization, guidance and navigation. A quaternion-based solution that avoids the gimbal-lock problems found in traditional systems. Make the most of our tested and optimized estimator to implement your own Flight Control Laws.
- Use the tested hardware (MIL-STD-810F, MIL-STD 461F and ISO 9001:2015) for your own purposes. Take advantage of the hardware features of the VECTOR to develop your project and adapt it to your requirements.
- Develop your own telemetry (TMTC/ICD) to communicate between the autopilot and the Ground Control Station.
- Make the most of VECTOR's connectivity. Work with the API to make the most of VECTOR's connection capabilities, with no need to worry about analysing component datasheets. This allows you to concentrate on what's important: the creation of flight control rules.
- Make the most of VECTOR's RTOS (Real Time Operating System). Execute different tasks with absolute precision and reliability. VECTOR's RTOS leads to a safer, more reliable system due to its predictability. Critical functions such us flight control tasks are prioritized to ensure flight safety.
- Make use of the code templates provided to develop your own logic. Reduce the time dedicated to programming tasks by using examples and templates.
- Option to contract training separately or remote support available during development.
- Extensive I/O Capabilities. VECTOR provides the necessary I/O capabilities to integrate a wide variety of advanced payloads.
- The VECTOR SDK includes example programs and skeleton projects offering access to all hardware functions in a C99 library with a documented API.
- SDK documentation.
- VECTOR Break Out Board.
Find more in the Knowledge Base.