The GHU-100 is an essential part of any system based on a UAV Navigation flight control solution. This Ground Hub Unit is an advanced Ground Control Station hub that connects via ethernet/serial to the PC running Visionair and allows the connection of the joystick, as well as multiple ground peripherals and physical inputs (buttons, knobs, etc.).
The GHU-100 is a network hardware device for connecting multiple peripheral devices and making them act as a single network segment. The GHU-100 is compatible with all the flight control solutions provided by UAV Navigation: Target, Fixed Wing, Rotary Wing, and VTOLs. The Hub Unit has been designed to increase mission safety thanks to the implementation of safety-relevant functionalities on a self-developed RTOS. The GHU-100 provides the following features:
- The manufacturer will be able to implement radio redundancy to ensure a quick response in case of communication failure.
- Bi-directional communications between Visionair (on the ground) and the onboard autopilot (in the air).
- Connection point in the system for the joystick to allow manual input by an external pilot.
- Internal GNSS for GCS autonomous geolocalization. The integrated GNSS receiver has been upgraded compared to what the GCS03 featured to be more accurate and robust against jamming or spoofing
- Routing message functionality to optimize air-to-air, ground-to-air, and air-to-ground communications. This is a basic requirement in advanced missions such as multi-UAV and multi-GCS.
- Integrated NMEA input for reference source support.
- Efficient RTK corrections message dispatching from the base directly to the rover.
- Dual GNSS compass support as reference source input.
- Discrete input to command several user switches independently of Visionair.
- Visionair - GHU Config Tool for easy configuration and software upgrade.
- Up to 10 ethernet sockets for multiple ethernet payload connections (radios, Visionair...).
- Hardware design to conform with IP66.
The installation kit includes the ancillaries required to supply the GHU-100, connect it to Visionair, and receive the GNSS signal for the GCS automatic positioning. The kit includes the following:
- Power supply connector BINDER 77-3430-0000-50004-0200
- COMX connector 77-3405-0000-50006-0500
- GNSS patch antenna ANN-MS-0
Multi-GCS Monitor and Control
Any joystick can be connected to the GHU-100 via the Joystick port, serial port, ethernet or through the PPM port.
Additionally, where manual control of a UAV is required, UAV Navigation (UAVN) offers the JY02 , an R/C style joystick, for use with its system. The Joystick connects via a cable to the Modem.
The Joystick requires no power supply as it is fed from the Modem.