Visionair features several tools which allow the customer to configure and maintain the VECTOR, POLAR and GHU-100 software.
During the integration phase, these tools can be used to configure servos, user switches, communication ports, and payloads, to enable/disable internal and external sensors, to map the input sources to the UAV control outputs, and customise their response via Lookup Tables, to calibrate magnetometers and so on.
They also represent a powerful support to the pre-flight check procedure since the operator can use them to read a device’s internal status, easily diagnose the failures that might have occurred while saving the configuration, and implement quick modifications in the device’s configuration for adaptation to special mission requirements.
Features Brief Summary:
- Easy autopilot configuration. Customer-oriented software design for an easy and quick configuration.
- Simple autopilot update. The Visionair Tools provide the user with an easy tool to keep your autopilot updated.
- Configure customized alarms.
- 3D Representations to calibrate the magnetometer.
- Access to autopilot gains. The user may access to see the autopilot gains and even modify them to adapt the autopilot’s behaviour to his needs.
- Capability to configure the behavior of the joystick. Visionair Configuration tools include the Look Up Tables which allows configuration of the joystick response. This can then be adapted to the user’s manual operating style.
- Servo Feedback Monitoring. Visionair allows the configuration of servo feedback monitoring for both PWM and serial servos.
The Ground Control Station software allows the user to create and edit flight missions even if the aircraft is on-flight. Due to its multi-flight plan management capability, the operator would be able to create, delete or configure jumps between waypoints or flight plans.
Likewise, the mission software has been designed for an intuitive control based on point-and-click, allowing the configuration of complex or advanced operations in an easy way. With this functionality, the operator can configure complete missions such as parcel delivery or photogrammetry.
Its user-friendly interface accelerates the learning curve, enabling the operator to get the most out of this autopilot software. Visionair allows the execution of missions with a navigation referenced respect to mobile point of interest so it may be used in surveillance, search & rescue missions or monitoring applications.
The operator relies on a complete and customisable solution while monitoring all the critical variables in real-time. Visionair provides gauges in different formats and also real-time charts that graphically represent every parameter sent/received via the telemetry stream with an intuitive interface, being able to analyse critical information during the flight. In addition, all the data and commands executed during the flight are stored in log files. These can be analysed after the flight using Visionair.
Features Brief Summary:
- Mission-oriented interface. The operator has all the information required to execute the mission displayed in a simple way and without having to look away from the main display.
- Fully featured UAV mission planning and execution application, with GUI.
- Platform: PC/laptop (with keyboard + mouse).
- Suitable for fixed-wing, helicopter or multi-rotor UAVs and targets.
- Online map. With an active internet connection, Visionair will automatically download the map around the UAV position.
- Easy aircraft command. The operator may command flight mode changes (Auto, Manual, Nav-To, Hover-To, Loiter, Hover, Safe (Return To Base). Fully Auto Take-Off and Auto Landing) by using quick access buttons.
- Advanced Flight Plan Editor. The GCS software provides an intuitive and advanced Flight Plan Editor that helps the operator to configure complex missions in a simple way even if the aircraft is on-flight.
- Intuitive interface.
- Capable of editing multiple flight plans with different speeds, configurable increments of speeds and altitudes changes.
- Alternative landing sites. The autopilot can store multiple custom -landing paths to execute emergency landing and increase flight safety.
- Automatic actions on waypoints. The autopilot can perform certain predefined key functions. So, the platform would be able to do more without an operator’s intervention.
- Auto-grid Flight Plan Generator. The software can generate the most efficient flight plan to cover a designated area. The user simply draws a polygon around the perimeter of the area, and it automatically generates the required waypoints to cover the entire area. This is useful for Search & Rescue missions and for crop-spraying, amongst other tasks.
- Flight Plan can be modified and uploaded during the operation.
- Configurable actions periodicity. The user switches can be configured to periodically switch from ON to OFF (and vice versa) without manual user intervention.
- Floating Windows. Visionair also provides floating windows to show all the information required during an operation. This allows the user to customize its workspace and an autopilot list to manage multiple platforms from the same ground control station.
- Multi-UAV Operations.
- Multi-GCS Operations.
- Sea Skimming operations.
- Referenced Navigation.
- Predictive Paths.
- Sense and Avoidance (ACAS I).
- Waypoints: Up to 400.
- Compatible with a wide variety of datalinks and radio links thanks to its optimized telemetry.
- Full DEM support.
- Link Quality panel.
- Customizable Gauges. Representation of every telemetry variable or complex mathematical operations between flight data variables.
- Real-time charts. Visionair includes real-time graphs that helps the operator to visualize telemetry from the autopilot and all the integrated subsystems. This allows the user to improve the platform’s efficiency, identify potential safety problems and execute emergency procedures which ultimately increase the flight safety.
- Point of Interest (POI) Editor.
- Fly/No-fly Zones.
- Full range of configurable alarms.
- Advanced and customizable Primary Flight Display (PFD).
- Reliable wind estimator.
- Compatible with all kinds of digital mapping. The application includes a map calibration tool which supports any map image. Additionally, Visionair includes a map downloading tool to improve the space situational awareness.
- SRTM 3 DEM (.hgt)
- Compressed SRTM 3 DEM (.hgt.zip)
- Esri Grid (.adf)
- Northwood/Vertical Mapper/Map Info Grid (.grd)
- ASCII Grid DEM (.asc)
- GIF DEM (.gif)
- Map pictures formats (calibration required: JPG, BMP, GIF, TIFF, PNG)
- Multiple map overlays to show roads including a dark mode for a better visualization.
- 3D synthetic video representation in Flight Gear.
- Real-time FP export to Google Earth for visualization purposes.
- Connect two or more GCS, each running Visionair, to control or monitor a single UAV flight.
- NMEA GPS. Visionair can output the GPS track of a platform's position in NMEA format.
- PTU configuration and control. The user may control multiple PTUs from the same GCS, which can be useful for maritime operations and other scenarios.
- Integrated payload control:
- Camera Control Modes such as Camera Guided.
- DGPS configuration to enhance accuracy.
- Transponder Control and Configuration (e.g. Sagetech).
- Visionair is compatible with RTK systems (e.g. Trimble BD920).
- Formation Flight. (Under development).
Visionair Analytics is the official software application provided to customers to analyse telemetry data from the UAV Navigation Flight Control Solution.
It has been developed to create a single application to analyse Visionair logs. Visionair Analytics allows graphical representation of every variable received through telemetry. The user will be able to access all the necessary data with regards to the subsystems integrated within the autopilot. The ability to do this through the same software application ensures that the user would have accurate flight data. This allows the client to improve the efficiency of the platform, identify potential safety problems and execute emergency procedures.
The representation of multiple parameters enables an intuitive analysis of data. In addition, its interactive graphs, which enable 'click and drag' zoom control to zero-in on specific areas of interest within the dataset, make the study easy.
Additionally, Visionair allows the replay the log file, which contains the exact visual data that was seen by the flight operator. That allows a detailed investigation of the mission, which can be performed using this tool. This ability to review actions helps the operator to identify past mistakes and improve future performance.
Features Brief Summary:
- Easy telemetry visualization thanks to the user-friendly interface. The tool includes helpers and tooltips that makes the analysis easier.
- Representation of complex mathematical operations combining different flight data variables.
- Interactive graphs. The user can zoom or navigate through the click and drag graphical interface.
- Configure your interface and save it for future use.
- Multiple parameter representation.
- Multiple tools for a deep post-analysis. The user can create references or edit zones for an easy and detailed analysis.
- Create notes. The tool provides the user to add/remove notes which can be useful for future analysis or as reminders.
- Customizable. The user can customize the name of the variables, the units, the axis… to create a comfortable workspace.
- Export to KML. The user can export the log file in KML format to be used in third-parties software (Google Earth, Excel..)
Visionair SDK makes it easier to include native extensions in Visionair:
• Self-Customization of Visionair Interface.
• Develop your own GCS functionalities for better Mission Control Experience.
• Enjoy Visionair environment to achieve an advanced GCS Software Interface.
• It includes LibUtils, a DLL libraries for easy-telemetry decoding.
It allows the user to include map widgets, additional settings, and more. Also, it enables the user to draw in the map, capture mouse and key events, add custom context menu options, and save and load custom information from mission files.
Visionair SDK also allows the user to create a custom, independent application, providing all the necessary base functionalities:
• Serial, TCP and UDP communication classes.
• Mission model storing autopilot information and automatically updating it with the received telemetry.
• Packet parsing and creation methods.
• Utility methods to ease the development.
UAV Navigation’s Visionair SDK is a standalone product that includes a training course. In this particular course, we provide you with the necessary instructions to start customizing your own Ground Control Station Software.