The Flight Data Recorder (FDR) is a small and robust device that interfaces with any system, collecting critical information of the flight. The FDR is designed to be installed onboard manned and unmanned aerial, terrestrial or maritime platforms in order to record all data from the aircraft's sensors and control commands (servos, ECU, etc.).
During test flights of new aircraft or just by following a philosophy of continuous improvement, the data from previous flights is important for the future development of the aircraft.
Furthermore, during BVLOS flights where the data link is lost, having a digital flight data recorder is the key to understand the behavior of the vehicle. The FDR ensures that any mission can be analyzed completely once it is completed. This includes complete onboard data recording in case of a loss of communications with the GCS, and even recording vital data to assist with reconstructing the circumstances surrounding an accident - before, during, and after the event.
Additionally, UAV Navigation’s FDR may also be used in marine or ground applications inside USV or UGV platforms.
All of the experience acquired by UAV Navigation during its years of developing flight control solutions has made us understand all the required requirements that should be fulfilled in a data logger.
UAV Navigation FDR is a compact RS-232 and serial bus logger, stored in a rugged aluminium black box enclosure and designed to conform to IP66 rating so it is waterproof and dirt proof.
Ethernet accessible web interface for easy data download and file management.
- 64 GB memory for data circular buffer (4000+ hours of data recording for standard UAV Navigation telemetry).
- SD card is soldered on the board so it is more resistant to vibration than removable SD cards.
- Intelligent file management differentiating data from separate sessions.
- Web interface for easy access management and download of the data logs.
- Mounting holes and cabling kit for easy integration.
- Robust and compact design.
- Asynchronous RS-232 recording at 115,200 bps.
|9 - 36VDC
|21.5 x 43.0 x 102.0
|-40ºC to +85ºC
|Designed to conform with IP66
|Up to 90% RH, non-condensing
|blue/orange/purple for easy status report