The VECTOR-HIL allows customers to train their pilots with UAV Navigation’s system, but that can be used in trade fairs or for commercial DEMOs. In the same way, it can be used in iron-bird environments for testing as well as to connect some payloads for a more realistic simulation. The device consists of two separated computational boards: one runs an aircraft simulator (SIM) while the second (FCC) runs the real flight Vector software.
The SIM is able to:
● Display the 3D platform and environment on Flight Gear.
● Emulate the aircraft dynamics based on a complex dynamic and parameterized model.
● Emulate the behaviour of an estimator suite (AHRS) which is included in the standard autopilot VECTOR.
● Emulate different payload sensors such as: Laser Altimeter, Weight on wheels (WOW), RPM sensor etc…
● Read the PWM output from the AP to emulate the servo actuator in each control surface. Also, it is possible to simulate sensor failure, noise, disturbances and servo malfunction.
● Perform complete Pre-flight procedures.
The FCC Board stands for Flight Control Computer and runs the real flight control software. It receives the attitude data from the AHRS-INS port as the original code does, and it is configured and managed by Visionair.
● Ruggedized housing
● One wire connectivity.