1. The GHU-100 is an advanced Ground Control Station hub developed by UAV Navigation, designed to connect multiple ground devices (PCs, Datalinks, Joysticks, etc.) and form a single network segment. This hub is specifically engineered to meet the increasingly challenging UAV mission scenarios, including maritime operations, multi-UAV, and multiple GCS control support. It is compatible with all solutions provided by UAV Navigation: Target, Fixed Wing, Rotary Wing, and VTOLs.
Figure 1. GHU-100.
2. The GHU-100 is only compatible with those of our products that have software version v9 or higher, which are:
GHU-100 GENERAL OVERVIEW
3. The GHU-100 provides the following features:
3.1. Multi UAV & multi GCS missions:
The GHU-100 has been developed to support multi UAV telemetry ensuring an improved self-awareness, efficiency and safety in a very complex mission scenario.
- It supports the JY02 joystick and manages its telemetry in order to command a specific FCC in case more than one UAV is connected to the GHU-100.
3.2. System ready for complete maritime missions: Thanks to its ability to accept NMEA inputs from ship GNSS sources and send "reference sources" information to the autopilot, including RTK corrections, the GHU-100 is perfectly suited for maritime mission integration. Additionally, the GHU-100 has been designed to comply with IP66 standards.
3.3. High system flexibility:
Thanks to its extensive I/O capabilities and software flexibility, the GHU-100 becomes a perfect tool for integration in complex GCS setups, connecting multiple GCS peripherals (NMEA inputs, RTK corrections, DGC01, etc.).
The software architecture allows for the implementation of drivers to meet any unique architecture requirements that customers might need.
This flexibility ensures compatibility with the JY02, as well as the potential to work with other COTS joysticks.
3.4. Easy Integration on advance GCS architectures: GHU-100 is a powerful tool to be integrated in a more complex GCS architecture which might require: multiple light indicators, physical buttons, throttle control, pedals or “HOTAS”, Multiple radio links and so on.
3.5. Increased system robustness: The safety-relevant GCS functionalities are implemented directly on a Real-Time Operating System developed by UAV Navigation for this purpose. This ensures deterministic, reliable behavior of the GCS under both standard and emergency conditions. Additionally, the system integrator has the option to implement radio redundancy, ensuring a quick response in case of communication failure.
3.6. Simple installation and configuration: UAV Navigation GCS software, Visionair features a user-friendly tool which allows the user to configure the GHU-100 according to the GCS architecture.
Figure 2. GHU-100 Front View.
HOW TO NAVIGATE IN GHU-100 KB SECTION
4. Refer to the following articles for further details regarding the product:
- GHU-100 First Installation
- GHU-100 Software Update
- GHU-100 Technical Specifications
- GHU-100 Mechanical Dimensions
- GHU-100 Wiring Diagram & I/O Configuration
- GHU-100 Peripherals
- GHU-100 vs GCS03 Comparison
- Visionair - Tools - GHU Config Tool